Friday 13 November 2020

November 13, 1990: I took the aptitude test for the post office and got hired as Christmas help on the midnight shift


Thirty years ago today

            I woke up feeling disoriented and thinking that I was too late to meet Nancy. When I realized that I could make it I got ready. I was at Leslie and Queen way before our meeting time and so I went for a coffee. 
            We went to the post office to take the aptitude test. Only four or five people didn't pass. We were hired for the Christmas season on the midnight shift at $14.73 an hour. We would start soon but had to wait for their call to find out when. 
            I went along with Nancy while she ran errands. She picked up a refund on Queen and then made a down payment at Fashion Crimes. 
            We had muffins at Earth Tones, picked up some brochures on University Avenue and went for sushi at Masa. 
            That night we went to see "Tune In Tomorrow".

No comments:

Post a Comment