Monday 2 November 2020

November 2, 1990: Mr Mover was north of Steeles and so I had to pay an extra dollar to get to work


Thirty years ago today

            It took about an hour and a half to get up the Mr. Mover office. Plus I had to pay an extra dollar to get there because it was north of Steeles. The employees were the same old types that I remembered from my previous time as a mover. 
            They sent me out at 9:00 to do a packing job. We had pizza for lunch and finished at 15:30. 
            I was getting $10 an hour to start. 
            I had to pay an extra $2 to get back to the shop so I could clock out at 16:30. 
            I would be working on Monday. 
            I got off the subway at Lansdowne and went to the Instabank to take out $400. I bought beer, went home, cleaned up a bit and then got ready for the Claremont. The downstairs was nearly empty when I got there. I sat and watched people for a while. Debra showed up with two girlfriends.

No comments:

Post a Comment