Thursday 5 November 2020

November 5, 1990: A washer fell on my foot at work but it seemed to be okay. My foot I mean.


Thirty years ago today

            It was my second day working for Mr Mover. I worked in the rain with the owner's son Tod and a guy named Paul moving the job that we'd packed on Friday. A washer fell on my left foot but it seemed to be okay. My foot I mean. 
            We got back to the shop at 16:00. Tod said he'd give me a ride to the subway in ten minutes but more than half an hour later he still wasn't ready to leave. Someone else gave me a lift. 
            I got home around 18:00 to find my door unlocked and the window too. I was pissed off until Nancy came in and told me a few minutes later that she didn't have a key anymore. 
            We had a fight later over spaghetti. She went home but not because of the argument.

No comments:

Post a Comment