Monday 23 November 2020

November 23, 1990: We started unloading and there was this one guy who kept edging me aside as if I couldn't lift


Thirty years ago today

            I made love to Nancy before leaving for work.
            I took the streetcar to Jarvis and walked north, stopping at the 7-11 to get a coffee and a cookie on my way to Isabella. I was fifteen minutes late but I was the first one there. I had time to buy the newspapers before the truck arrived half an hour later. 
            We started unloading and there was this one guy who kept edging me aside as if I couldn't lift.
            They sent me and some others over to the Scotia Tower to help load the trailer. We had lunch at Druxy's. We finished loading at 17:45. 
            When I got home I had three beers and a container of Haagen Das. I did some laundry and a bit of cleaning up.

No comments:

Post a Comment