Friday 27 November 2020

November 27, 1990: We went to a Chinese restaurant on Baldwin where we talked, ate and drank until closing time


Thirty years ago today 

            I got a ride to work with Chris. He, Bill and I moved an apartment from 400 Walmer Rd to Don Mills and Lawrence.
            After cashing my cheque I rushed home and Nancy called just as I was coming in the door. I had arranged to meet my friend Mike Copping at The World's Biggest Bookstore and so I told Nancy to meet us there. 
            I was a couple of minutes late and Mike called my name from behind. Nancy showed up a few minutes later. We went to a Chinese restaurant on Baldwin where we talked, ate and drank until closing time. He and I caught each other up on what had been happening in our lives. Mike took Tai Chi for a year. His daughter Rachel was now eight and his son Noah was five. I gave him some pictures that I'd taken of them when we all shared a house three years before. 
            Nancy loved Mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment