Saturday 2 January 2021

I'm not Spacist, but Andorians are Weird


            On Friday morning I finished working out the chords for “Enregistrement” by Serge Gainsbourg, ran through it in French and English and uploaded it to Christian’s Translations. I started positioning the chords to their proper places and should have the translation published on Saturday. 
            I decided to shave and shower since it is a new year. Now I’m good for 364 days. 
            I finished washing the rest of the spice containers for the lower shelf above the stove and put them back. I still haven't put anything on the new top shelf. 
            I had chips, salsa and yogourt for lunch. I was going to take a bike ride in the afternoon but the Weather Network said there was a 60% chance of wet snow and so instead I did some hip exercises while listening to the Goon Show. 
            This story was called The Missing Prime Minister but what was missing was 10 Downing Street. Upon hearing this Inspector Seagoon tells Eccles they need to drive to 10 Downing and look round. Eccles says, “You already look round." When they get there the duty officer is closely questioned. He says they tied him up and stuffed a towel from inside 10 Downing in his mouth. Seagoon: “I see. These initials in the corner must stand for Winston Churchill." "I hope so." He tells Seagoon that a truck pulled up and the men inside walloped him on the head several times. “Did you notice anything about them?” "Yes, I noticed that they kept walloping me on the head." Someone claims to have seen a large truck with 10 Downing strapped to the back. Seagoon and Bluebottle are driving and Eccles calls to say he is pursuing a car. Seagoon asks Bluebottle how the time is going. “It's going tick-tock." "Mine goes tick tock too." "Mine does not go tick tock too. It goes tick tock." The glass breaks and Bluebottle is hit by a brick. Eccles calls and says he managed to stop the car by throwing a brick. Elsewhere, Bogg says, “There’s somebody creeping about outside.” Bloodnok says, "Quick, give me my pistol, my sword, that rifle, my helmet and that hand grenade. Now take this stick and go see who it is.” It’s Ray Ellington and he reports that he saw a truck with 10 Downing on the back. Bloodnok says he'll make a call but meanwhile Ellington had better earn his dinner, so Ray Ellington’s band plays “Woe is Me”. Eccles comes along and Bloodnok says “Hands up!" He does so but then crashes his bike. Bloodnok asks who he is. “I’m a policeman.” "And I'm Marilyn Monroe." "Ohh!" "Put me down!" "You ain't Marilyn Monroe!" "What a bitter disappointment for us both.” Bloodnok binds Eccles with several chains. “Am I a prisoner?" "Of course not." "Then why put these chains on me?” "This morning I lost a piece of chain and when I saw you I knew you were the missing link." Seagoon arrives and reports that 10 Downing has been sited in France on its way to Paris. Seagoon, Bloodnok and Eccles fly to France. They follow the trail into the woods and find 10 Downing. Inside they receive a call from the prime minister of England who says he’s been kidnapped and given the job of prime minister of France, but it’s just a short job. I assume this is a current events reference about the political situation in France at the time. 

            I edited and made a movie of my July 3 recording of “One Hundred Hookers", then I uploaded it to YouTube. 


            I worked a bit on my poem series “My Blood in a Bug.” 
            I finished scanning the black and white negatives that I’d shot in the 80s. There are probably more in my files but this bunch was all together and so I assume any others are from a different part of that decade. A lot of them are damaged and one strip of my ex girlfriend Brenda was folded widthwise, but some of the damaged images can possibly be saved with digital editing. 
            I grilled two steaks and had one with a potato and gravy while watching Star Trek Discovery. I think this was the best show of the season so far. It was suspenseful and it also moved the story deeper into the intrigue that prevails about the Burn and about what is happening to Georgiou. 
            Book’s cat Grudge hails Discovery because he’s programmed it to seek Michael out if he’s been gone for too long. There's a holographic message from Book from three weeks ago telling her he's found the black box from a ship that exploded in The Burn. It could contain vital information for the Federation. Michael asks Saru but he says they can't go because they are on duty at Starfleet Headquarters. Michael decides that she would rather regret something she did than something she didn’t do. She gets Philipa, the one person on Discovery who revels in disobeying orders, to accompany her to find Book. They track him to a scrap planet where he has been made a slave. Philipa poses as a scrap buyer offering to trade dilithium and Michael plays the role of her servant. They see Book but continue to play their roles of looking for particular items. Book is sent with Michael to the back shelves and they plan an escape. Michael and Philipa are captured but that seems to be a distraction for the slaves to escape when Book shouts the order. When the slaves start to head for the forcefield around the facility that creates a distraction for Michael and Philipa to start fighting. But in the middle of the fight Philipa has one of her recent spells, with images of knives and blood on hands before she faints. Meanwhile Stamets sees Adira talking to herself in the mess and comes to sit with her. She explains the situation that she doesn’t only have her dead boyfriend’s memories but he is actually with her. Stamets understands because he went through the same thing when Hugh died. Gray, who is sitting at the table invisible to Stamets tells Adira he likes him. Adira relates that comment to Stamets who says that Gray must be a genius. Michael is getting the worst of the fight with Philipa out of commission but Georgiou recovers just in time. They lower the perimeter and the slaves escape. An Andorian slave named Ryn takes a blast intended for Book. As Book tries to save him they are kept from escaping by blaster fire. Suddenly Book’s ship, piloted by Michael with weapons controlled by Philipa starts tearing the facility apart. They beam Book and Ryn aboard and escape. Back at Federation headquarters Michael has to face the music from the admiral. He says that he might have gone along with the mission if she’d informed him. Saru tells Michael her actions were a breach of trust and he demotes her from Number One to Chief Science Officer. She tells him he made the right decision. 
            Ryn is played by Noah Averbach-Katz, who is married to Mary Wiseman, who plays Tilly. It’s his fault that she’s all big and puffy from pregnancy in this season. 
            My theory about Philipa’s spells comes from what Kovich told her about the mirror universe she comes from. He said that over the last thousand years the two universes have been drifting further apart. I wonder if that might somehow be causing her problems. 
            Andorians are weird because their appearance is such a retro version of how an alien would look. They stick out among all the other Star Trek races because they seem almost cartoonish, like a cross between My Favourite Martian and The Smurfs. 
            Also we finally see Michael and Book kissing in the elevator, but now that everyone has personal transporters what’s the point of a lift?

No comments:

Post a Comment