Monday 11 January 2021

January 11, 1991: Even though I didn't have a license Chris had me drive his car through the storm to his mechanic


Thirty years ago today

            I got to Chris's place at around 7:30. Even though I didn't have a license he had me drive his car behind Genine's along Bering between Islington and Kipling to his mechanic's shop. 
            We worked with Rick unloading his trailer, which we'd loaded the day before. We finished at 13:30 and went for lunch at the Pinecrest. 
            It had been storming all day and the 400 was closed, but we weren't using it. 
            Back at the shop Chris had me go to the parking lot and drive his car into the yard. 
            After I got home Nancy called and invited me over. I brought some of the baby clothes, the case of 8-tracks, and a polka record for her parents. The storm was nearly impossible while I was riding the Warden bus. Nancy and her mother picked me up at the stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment