Tuesday 26 January 2021

January 26, 1991: It took so long to read the news of the war I didn't have time for anything else


Thirty years ago today

            I got up to the job site at 9:00 on a Saturday and Ralph was already there. We went for lunch at O'Toole's. The six and a half hour job went quick and afterwards Ralph gave us a ride. But the other guys were being facetious and so he let them out at Finch and Leslie but took me all the way to the subway. I would be working on Sunday for a few hours as well. 
            I was broke.
            After dinner and reading the papers I called Nancy. She told me she would be seeing a midwife on Monday but wasn't sure if she wanted me to come. 
            My place was infested with cockroaches.
            I decided not to shave or shower. It took so long to read all the news about the war that I didn't have time for anything else. Even to look for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment