Sunday 10 January 2021

January 10, 1991: I found 26 rolls of film and 20 albums in the trash


Thirty years ago today

            I took the bus from Islington Station and got to Chris's place around 8:00. Rick was there. Chris, John Boyd and I worked out of Vaughn and St Clair. We found tons of stuff in the trash. I got twenty six rolls of film that was probably worth $150 retail and about twenty albums. Among them were Genesis, Split Enz, Arrow, Vaughn Monroe, My Fair Lady, Bye Bye Birdie, The Sound of Music, Bread and Roses, Jimmy Cliff, The Oakridge Boys, Chinese Folk Music, and Dolly Parton looking like Stevie Nicks would if she'd had twenty years of breast implants. 
            We unloaded at the Shipp Centre and it was about a twelve hour day. When I got home at around 22:00 I called Nancy but she was sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment