Monday 18 January 2021

January 18, 1991: I didn't sleep much since the war started because I left the news on all night


Thirty years ago today

            I got up around noon and didn't even finish reading all the papers before it was time to go to work. I mailed my letter to Tom Smarda on the way. I arrived at North York City Hall at 15:19. We worked until around 19:00 and then went for lunch at Key West. We finished the job at about 21:30 and Chris and I caught the subway. 
            Later on there was a second missile attack on Israel from Iraq. There was a part of me that thrived on these new developments but I was very glad that part didn't run my life. I hadn't slept much since the war started because I left the news on all night. 
            I went to bed fairly early without shaving or showering because I was pretty tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment