Thursday 21 January 2021

January 21, 1991: I listened to the war


Thirty years ago today

            Chris called the night before to tell me when to meet him, but Nancy and I were in the middle of making love when he phoned and so I couldn't remember whether he'd said to be there at quarter to seven or a quarter after. I assumed it was the latter because that was when it usually was, but I was wrong. 
            Chris, Donny and I moved some freezers and then we had lunch. Even though I didn't have a license, Chris once again had me drive his car to the yard. We thought we were done but after Donny left we ended up with a full day of work after all when we got a job moving some computers from a place that had gone bankrupt. Chris dropped me off at the Islington subway station.
            I deep fried some tofu. I masturbated, I worked on projects and cleaned up a bit. 
            I listened to the war. 
            There was no work tomorrow. 
            I talked with Nancy over the phone and read her the March entries from my 1990 diary.

No comments:

Post a Comment