Wednesday 6 January 2021

January 6, 1990: I worked madly on collages


Thirty years ago today

            I got up around 10:00, had pancakes, did a bit of cleaning and then Yvette called. She was feeling the recession and was just on her way to a job interview for The Keg.
            I tried to call Brenda but the first time there was no answer and the second time her brother told me she wasn't home. 
            I called Nancy. At first she sounded unhappy to hear from me but she came around a bit and we talked for three hours. She was depressed about my promiscuity. What could I do? Live a lie? We had the potential to raise a child together so why look on the dark side? 
            She said her mother thought my dad and I were alcoholics. My father never touched a drink in his life. We said goodbye at around 22:00. 
            I had something to eat and worked madly on collages.

No comments:

Post a Comment