Saturday 30 January 2021

January 30, 1991: I was mad at myself for waking late, mad at Chris for not picking me up, mad at Wayne for expecting me to come to the suburbs to punch in for a downtown job


Thirty years ago today 

            Chris called me at 7:30 because I'd been supposed to be at his place for 7:00. I was very pissed off at myself and when he didn't offer to pick me up I was pissed off at him. I called Wayne from the St George subway station and he exclaimed, "Why aren't you here?" I asked for the location of the job and he told me it was at Carleton and Church. I was pissed off at him for expecting me to come all the way to the suburbs to punch in for a job that was downtown. I went to the job site and waited an hour in a coffee shop nearby before Chris and Donny showed up. We packed the stuff of an old couple who were moving to Perth and loaded their things onto the truck. 
            On the way home I stopped at the liquor store where I bought some Tsing Tao. 
            I hadn't talked with Nancy for two nights. 
            Newspapers were piling up.

No comments:

Post a Comment