Sunday 3 January 2021

January 3, 1991: On the streetcar ride home my eyes flirted with a girl in a pretty purple hat


Thirty years ago today

            I waited twenty minutes or so on Islington for Chris to pick me up in the morning. Four of us had to ride in the cab to ride to unload the truck we’d packed for Donald Black in December. His furniture was all frozen but he gave us $20 each anyway. We finished at 13:30 but couldn’t get a ride from the shop to the subway until 16:00. 
            I went to Kinkos on Queen where I made some copies and enlargements, including a copy of a picture of me with my nephew Nicholas. I then headed for the CKLN radio station to spend a few hours scanning records. I found three new ones. One by Blake Babies called “Girl in a Box”


, one by Hawkwind entitled “TV Suicide", 


and another called "Jails" by a group whose name I forgot. 
            I picked up some biscuits from Popeyes but it was a bad batch. 
            On the streetcar ride home my eyes flirted with a girl in a pretty purple hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment