Monday 14 February 2022

February 14, 1992: I cross-examined Nancy’s family but I was found guilty of trespassing


Thirty years ago today 

            Tom Smarda and I talked until 2:00 on Friday but I couldn’t sleep after going to bed. I didn’t know if I was nervous about my court date later that day or if I was just not used to the presence of another person in my apartment. I got up at 7:00, took a shower, and then Tom and I headed out. I bought a coffee at Eglinton and Warden and then went into court. I saw the two cops that had beaten me up. Nancy didn’t show up until half an hour after I got there but when she did, I played with my daughter. The baby was scared of Tom and a few other people. This was strange and new because she usually liked everyone. We went into court at around 13:00. I cross-examined Nancy’s family The Hammer Gang, but I was found guilty of trespassing and got a $50 fine. I didn’t know yet if I would appeal. Tom came with us afterward to a petting zoo at Centre Point where my daughter had a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment