Friday 4 February 2022

February 4, 1992: It was the first time I'd modelled in five years. The members at Artists 25 said I hadn't lost my touch


Thirty years ago today

            On Tuesday I was having breakfast when Nancy came. I finished eating and changed the baby and we were out of there in twenty minutes. We went to Elephant Shoes in the Beaches but they were closed until 12:45. We walked toward Cultures because I wanted to get a coffee but on the way Nancy ducked into a store. My daughter fell asleep in my arms and we headed back to Elephant Shoes. I stopped to get a coffee and met Nancy there a few minutes later. She spent two hours looking at clothes and after the baby woke up trying them on her. We took the streetcar down to Ossington and Queen where she bought shoulder pads or something. Then we traveled to the Eaton's Centre where I went for something to eat while Nancy shopped at the Hudson's Bay Company. By the time she came back I had to leave for work at Artists 25. It was my first modeling job in five years. They were all short poses with twenty minutes being the longest. Tom Philips and the other artists said I still hadn't lost my touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment