Saturday 5 February 2022

February 5, 1992: I forgot my pass to Medicine Man at home and asked Nancy to go through my window but she wouldn't


Thirty years ago today 

            On Wednesday morning I had been scheduled to model at Sheridan College in Oakville at 11:00 but they called me on Tuesday and changed it to 13:00. Because it was a last minute change I would still get paid from 11:00. But when I came to the art class the students were off somewhere watching a slide show and so I didn't actually start until 14:00. The students were loud and undisciplined. Homer the instructor let me go at 16:40. I caught the Express to Union Station and called Nancy from Yonge and Bloor because I'd forgotten my free pass to the movie at home and I wanted her to go to my place, crawl in through the window and get it. But Nancy decided she didn't want to do that. I figured that since I'd gotten off work early I would have time to rush home and retrieve the pass. When I got to my place I called Nancy to make sure she was on her way to the theater but she was still at home. So I went downtown and saw Medicine Man by myself. It was pretty good and the shots of the Amazon rain forest were spectacular when Sean Connery's character and his colleagues used the harnesses to fly up to the tops of the trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment