Tuesday 22 February 2022

Jack Hogan


            On Monday morning after restarting my computer I discovered that all my torrents had disappeared again. It’s not a disaster because anything that has partially or fully downloaded is to that extent still in my files. But that means that I have to re-download all the partially downloaded ones so it’s just annoying to have to track them down. 
            But after writing the above I did a search and found a forum where somebody showed how to recover them. I just pasted this %appdata%\bittorrent into an address bar and it took me to a folder that listed every single torrent I’ve ever downloaded. I clicked on all the ones from the last year that as far as I remember never fully downloaded and they reappeared in my torrent list. The list is shorter than yesterday, but I think some things I just decided I didn’t need. The only problem is that it doesn’t remember what percentage of upload had been achieved. I always remove a torrent after it’s uploaded as much as the download. But that’s not that big a deal. I can guess at that. This cut about an hour out of my morning but not as much as searching every torrent on Pirate Bay. That would have taken several hours. 
            I started editing “Arthur, où t'as mis le corps?” (Arthur, Where’d You Put the Corpse?) by Boris Vian in Christian’s Translations but it will take several sessions to have it ready for publication since I only spend ten minutes a day on it. 
            I had both my living room windows wide open during song practice because it was so warm. 
            I weighed 87.3 kilos before breakfast. I weighed 88.1 kilos before lunch but it’s hard to believe that I gained almost a kilo from a bowl of grapes and two bananas with skyr. 
            I took a bike ride in the afternoon to Bloor and Ossington. There were lots of puddles from melting snowbanks and I had solid road with no ice all the way. 
            I still weighed 88.1 kilos at 17:30. I read most of the rest of “Inter-Imperiality” by Laura Doyle. All the while I kept thinking that what was missing was some mention of “The 1001 Arabian Nights” as inter-imperial literature and then finally she dedicated several paragraphs to it. 
            I had a potato with gravy and three pork ribs while watching an episode of Adam-12. 
            In this story Malloy and Reed are patrolling at night when suddenly there is a shot through their windshield. They stop and Malloy calls for back-up as Reed gets out behind the passenger side door and draws his gun. The person fires again from the bushes and Reed shoots back. The sniper staggers out and drops and dies. He turns out to have been sixteen. The rest of the episode is taken up with the investigation as Reed is interviewed back at the station by Sergeant Miller. Miller needs every detail and Reed starts getting upset at the questioning. Just before they leave to reconstruct the shooting at the location Reed is told that he did the right thing. That’s odd since he was asked why he didn’t shout out to the shooter and announce that they were police officers. Apparently just shooting back without identification is hunky dory as far as police procedure goes. 
            Sergeant Miller was played by Jack Hogan, who got interested in acting in the navy. When he was discharged, he studied in California and then New York. He moved back to Hollywood and began working in supporting roles until he was cast as the unruly Private Kirby in the series “Combat”. He co-starred in the movie “The Bonnie Parker Story” starring Dorothy Provine. He plays an altered and fictionalized version of Clyde Barrow named Guy Darrow. He co-starred with Michael Landon in The Legend of Tom Dooley. He starred in The Cat Burglar. He later co-starred in the series “Sierra.” He moved to Hawaii where he started a construction business but continued to act. He played a judge in Jake and the Fatman. He was also the casting director for “Magnum P.I.”




No comments:

Post a Comment