Monday 7 February 2022

February 7, 1992: There was a knock on my door and when I opened it Nancy handed me the baby, said she needed changing and told me she'd be back in half an hour


Thirty years ago today 

            On Friday I went up to Yamaha to pick up my cheque from the Speedy guys and I arrived just in time because their truck was pulling out just as I got off the bus. I went downtown to the Manulife Centre to cash it and to my bank to get a new MBB card. On my way to the subway I passed by Tea Masters and looked for Jackie but she wasn't there so I just headed home. 
            Later on there was a knock on my door and it was Nancy with the baby. She handed her to me, said she needed changing and told me she'd be back in half an hour. The diaper she'd given me didn't stick so I had to rig something with a cloth diaper, a safety pin and a knot. My daughter and I had fun but my place was a mess so I couldn't put her down except in the bedroom. Nancy came back after an hour and took her.

No comments:

Post a Comment