Sunday 20 February 2022

February 20, 1992: I found a two-sided painting of myself in the garbage


Thirty years ago today

            On Thursday I got up at 5:40 and left my place at 6:00. I took the streetcar until I saw a northbound bus and then got off to catch it up to Coxwell Station. I rode the subway to Yorkdale and saw my bus to Brampton pull away just as I arrived, so I had to wait twenty minutes for the Bramalea Express. From there I caught a bus to Sheridan College, and I was twenty minutes late but apparently no damage was done. I posed for Anne Ziegler’s classes until 17:30 and then she gave me a ride to Sheppard and Yonge. From there I headed straight to Artists 25, and I was half an hour early. I found a two-sided painting of myself in the garbage. 
            On my way home at Kingston Road and Victoria Park I bought a slice of pizza from Panzerotto and another at Pizza Pizza. When I got home I called André and found out I would be working at the Torman warehouse on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment