Wednesday 9 February 2022

February 9, 1992: My daughter and I fed each other pizza crust and then we played a nodding game


Thirty years ago today 

            From the time I got up on Sunday, I kept calling Nancy and at 14:00 she was still sleeping. I finally got her up after ringing the phone two times. She said she didn’t want the baby to go out that day because it was too cold. When I argued she hung up on me and so I headed up there and rang, and rang, and rang the doorbell until she finally opened the door and let me take my daughter out. We went to McDonalds and then to the donut shop. But the donut shop was full of fumes because everybody was smoking, and the floor was too dirty to put her down and so I took her back to McDonalds where the floor was clean. I bought her some milk, fed her a bit, and then changed her, but when she was still cranky, I took her back to Nancy’s. She fell asleep in my arms as I walked there. 
            I went with Nancy and her sister Susan to Little Caesar’s. We had pizza and crazy bread and I gave my daughter some crust so she wouldn’t feel left out but Nancy didn’t like that I did that. The baby crawled for a while and then sat in the wheeled highchair and fed me some crust. We played a game of nodding. I would nod, then she would nod in response, and then I would nod, and it went back and forth like that for several minutes of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment