Tuesday 22 February 2022

February 22, 1992: Nancy asked me to take the baby off her hands for a while


Thirty years ago today

            On Saturday Nancy called to ask me to come up and take the baby off her hands for a while. But she said not until she fell asleep and woke up again, which turned out to be late afternoon. It was after dark when I walked down Warden Avenue with her in my arms. I caught the bus at McNichol and took her to my place. When we got there, she started crying and wouldn’t take solid food and so I went to buy some milk, warmed it up, and gave it to her in the bottle. She drank it all and then I washed the bottle. Nancy didn’t know I was feeding the baby cow’s milk and she wouldn’t have approved but I had to extend my time with my daughter somehow. Then, we headed back up for Nancy’s place and she ate some of her solid food on the bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment