Wednesday 23 February 2022

February 23, 1992: The Olive Garden was full of tension


Thirty years ago today

            On Sunday when I called Nancy at around 11:30 she argued at first against bringing the baby over to my place as she’d promised on Friday. Her point was that I’d already seen my daughter on Saturday, but I protested and reminded her that I’d taken the baby off her hands as a favour the day before and that she’d made a promise for today. She agreed to come but said she’d call me when the baby woke up. It was already mid-afternoon when she called back and insisted on going to the Olive Garden first. I met her there but the place was full of tension because so many people were waiting for tables. On top of that Nancy was in a strange mood like she had PMS or something. We took the streetcar to my place and the baby slept on the way and woke up when we arrived. Nancy didn’t get around to doing her income tax there like she’d planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment