Saturday 19 February 2022

February 19, 1992: The express bus downtown now cost an extra dollar, which I didn't have


Thirty years ago today

            On Wednesday I had to be at Sheridan College for 11:00. I had intended on catching the express bus downtown in time for the 8:43 GO Train to Oakville. But I found out when I was about to get on that as of Monday there was an extra fare and that even with a Metropass it would cost a dollar on top. I didn’t have the dollar and so I took the streetcar to Woodbine, the bus up to Danforth, and the subway to Union to catch the 9:43 GO Train. I was still half an hour early for work. 
            I called Nancy at lunchtime to see if she would lend me $10 that night so I could take the GO to the Sheridan campus in Brampton on Thursday. The Oakville campus was going to send my cheque there by courier. It was too bad I couldn’t get my Mr. Mover cheque delivered as well. Warren gave me some new bookings. I’d thought that I might get off early, but I worked in the last hour for only two students. I missed the express train back to Toronto.

No comments:

Post a Comment