Friday 18 February 2022

February 18, 1992: The judge offered me one 8 and one 5 hour day a week with my daughter but Nancy lied that she needed to be breast fed every two hours


Thirty years ago today

            I had a fine night’s sleep, and I was in court at 9:30 on Tuesday. My daughter was already there and so I played with her while the lawyers negotiated to try to avoid going into the court. The first offer was two four-hour days a week with my daughter and whatever else Nancy and I might work out together from time to time. I said no. Then they offered one eight-hour day and one four but I declined that as well and so we went into court. The judge was going to give me one eight-hour day and one five, but then Nancy talked about her breastfeeding and lied that the baby needed to be fed every two hours. My lawyer had forgotten to make up an affidavit and he didn’t even argue my case. Then the judge offered me two four-hour days a week but I said that wasn’t satisfactory and so we remanded the case until March 3. 
            I took my daughter to my place for a few hours, and she slept for two and a half of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment