Saturday 19 February 2022

Richard Hale


            On Friday morning I finished running through my translation of “Arthur, où t'as mis le corps?” (Arthur, Where’d You Put the Corpse?) by Boris Vian. 
            I also sang and played “Malaise en Malaisie” (Malaise in Malaysia) in French but Word loaded too slowly for me to finish the English run through. Since I have to work on my essay on Saturday, I’ll finish the song on Sunday and upload both songs to Christian’s Translations. 
            I weighed 86.4 kilos before breakfast. 
            Everything I tried to open on my computer including Chrome was loading extremely slowly. Then the screen went black except for the cursor, which still moved but nothing else did. Control Alt Delete didn’t work so I just manually shut the PC off and started up again. After that it was faster but not as fast as it should be. I lost about half an hour from my usual morning. 
            I worked for about an hour on my essay. 
            I weighed 85.8 kilos before lunch. 
            In the afternoon I got bundled up again and put the snow boots back on to venture out for a bike ride after the latest snowfall to see if I wouldn’t fall. If the rest of the streets had been as rough going as O’Hara, I would have made it a very short trip. But Maple Grove had been packed down with car tracks and so it was fairly easy going and Brock Avenue wasn’t too bad at all. The Bloor Bike Lane was actually clearer than it had been two days ago when there were ice patches that the little ploughs couldn’t move. But I assume the rain had dissolved the ice yesterday and so when the snow fell afterward it was easier to plough. On Ossington just before College, there was a meter wide pothole that hadn’t been there before. I had to get off my bike to step over it. 
             I stopped at Freshco on the way home where I bought eight bags of black sable grapes, a pinto of blueberries, five-year-old cheddar, a pack of ground pork, a can of peaches, a can of fruit salad, Greek yogurt, a bag of frozen french fries, a bag of kettle chips, and two jars of salsa. 
            I weighed 86.2 kilos at 17:30.
            I had hoped that I would have two hours to work on my essay before dinner, but it took me more than two hours to post my blog because of my crawling and freezing computer. I had to shut down and start up again just to get it to move. When it was back up, I made sure to make a copy of my essay and a few other documents on a flash drive just in case my computer crashes forever soon. I posted my blog just before dinner. 
            I grilled pork ribs in the oven and had a few with a potato and gravy while watching an episode of Adam-12. 
            This story had more violence than any so far. They get called to a gas station where the attendant had been pistol whipped and tossed into the washroom. They find out that the perpetrator drove a red convertible, but they don’t find him. They get called to a retirement home to deal with an elderly man who has wandered into the residence although he doesn’t live there. His name is Saulsberry and he is 91. They find out he’s been reported missing by his daughter. She had taken him shopping but he’d stolen her car with the intention of driving home to Deadwood. They go to a residence where a babysitter has called the police because she’d heard someone trying to open the children’s bedroom window. The cops discover it was a raccoon. They get called to a warehouse where a silent alarm has been tripped. Inside Malloy gets the jump on three crooks. One of them fires at him but Malloy shoots him and then holds the others at gunpoint while calling Reed to cover him. Then he reloads his gun which had been empty while he was holding the crooks at bay. He had pretended that it was still loaded.      
            Mr. Saulsberry was played by Richard Hale, who played the Soothsayer in Julius Caesar. He played Goro in the Star Trek episode The Paradise Syndrome. He was also a successful baritone opera singer.



No comments:

Post a Comment