Wednesday 2 February 2022

February 2, 1992: I took my daughter from north Scarborough to the Beaches. It was the farthest she'd ever been from her mother but she was fine


Thirty years ago today

            On Sunday I had breakfast with two coffees and then headed up to Scarborough to see my daughter. Nancy's parents weren't at home when I got there but showed up a few minutes later. I changed the baby and got her dressed. Nancy gave me some food to give her later and as usual, she was asleep before I'd carried her to the plaza. In the restaurant, I put my coat with a blanket on top under the counter table and put her to bed there. While she slept I had a beer and read the paper. I ordered a quarter chicken dinner and another beer. She woke up in time for me to share some of my potatoes with her and some bread, avocado, and water. I took her to McDonalds where she ate some more. After four or five hours I brought her back to Nancy but she surprisingly told me that she would feed her and then I could take her out again. So I thought, “What the heck, I'll take her for a bus ride.” I phoned Nancy from the Warden subway station and she said for me to call her back in an hour because she, her sister Susan, Susan's friend Michelle, and Mia were going out together. I took the baby to my place and called Nancy from there. We stayed there for half an hour before I brought her back and she was fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment