Sunday 10 April 2022

April 10, 1992: I bought a patty that had been drowned in its own juices by the microwave


Thirty years ago today

            On Friday I woke up at 5:41 and decided I would catch the 7:25 GO bus from Yorkdale to Brampton instead of the earlier one and I went back to sleep. But I didn’t come to again until 6:24, and hurried, not believing I would make it on time. I wouldn’t have if I hadn’t taken a taxi up Woodbine to the subway instead of waiting for the bus. When I got to Brampton, I bought a vegetable patty that had been drowned in its own juices by the microwave. At Sheridan College, I worked at one pose from 9:00 to 12:00 and had an hour off for lunch. I worked on song lists and then started posing again at 13:00 for the same course as in the morning. I got some fries at Kentucky Fried Chicken and caught the 17:00 local GO bus that would have gotten eventually to Yorkdale, but I transferred in Bramalea to the Express. I got home around 19:00 and my Mister Mover cheque was in the mail but I was still waiting for my GST cheque and my paycheque from The Toronto Board of Education. I worked on projects and watched TV. I called Nancy’s place to talk to my daughter. Since Sunday would be Nancy’s birthday, I agreed to take the baby on Saturday instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment