Friday 1 April 2022

April 1, 1992: A woman sat beside me on the local bus and tried to follow me onto the express but got kicked off because she didn't have the fare


Thirty years ago today

            On Wednesday I noticed that I was getting into a rhythm of getting up earlier. I had no problem making it to Yorkdale in time for the 6:55 GO bus. I was at Sheridan College in Brampton almost an hour early and spent some time writing in my diary and working on a song list. Carole Christmas was fifteen minutes late getting onto the modeling stage with me. At break time I showed her the astrological chart I had made for her. She thought it was fairly accurate, but then maybe any chart could have been. After we finished, I met her at the bus stop and there was a woman talking to her who seemed to be on medication. The woman sat with me on the bus and got off with me in downtown Brampton. She tried to follow me onto the GO bus, but the driver kicked her off because she didn’t have the fare. 
            That night the teacher from Central Tech called to tell me that since the work to rule was in effect until Friday, Thursday afternoon’s class would be canceled. I asked him if I would still be paid, and we discussed it. He booked me for three hours on the 16th and said he would mark it down as six hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment