Sunday 24 April 2022

April 24, 1992: While I carried my daughter in Bargain Harold's she grabbed a red t-shirt, so I bought it for her


Thirty years ago today

            On Friday I picked up my daughter at around 9:30. I’d promised Nancy I’d buy some diapers but first I went down Coxwell and enrolled in the Lucky Driving School. My first lesson would be on Sunday night. As I carried my daughter south on Coxwell I went into Bargain Harold’s, which was having a closing sale. I was looking for diapers but there weren’t any. As I carried the baby down an aisle she reached out and grabbed a red t-shirt that looked like it would fit her, so I bought it. I bought some strawberries before we caught the bus, and the baby stained my jacket with them. She fell asleep before we got to Shoppers Drug Mart where I bought the diapers. She slept a couple of hours at my place while I got some cleaning done. We left my place fairly late, at around 20:00 I guess. It was nice that I finally had the money to buy beer but by the time I’d dropped her off at her mother’s place the Beer Store was closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment