Thursday 28 April 2022

Super Spies of the 60s


            On Wednesday morning I woke up at around 3:00 and couldn’t get back to sleep. I got up at 4:45. 
            I finished posting my translation of “Dépression au-dessus du Jardin” (Depression Hangs Over the Garden) by Serge Gainsbourg. Next, I’ll work on his song “Epsilon.”
            I was exhausted from too little sleep before I started song practice but I woke up a bit by the end. 
            I weighed 85.2 kilos before breakfast. 
            In the late morning, I went to the hardware store and bought a couple of small hard-bristled brushes. One had wire bristles and the other had bristles more like a bottle washer but it was shaped like a number 4. I used them to work on doing more detailed cleaning of my wire dish rack. They worked to some degree but I still had to scrape some of the dirt with a nail file. I think it will take another two sessions to finish the dish rack and then move on to cleaning the shelves and drawers below the kitchen counter. I might be able to finish scrubbing the kitchen floor this summer. 
            I copied some photos from the old computer and deleted forty of them. 
            I tried to start a project in Windows Movie Maker but it wouldn’t let me import any files. 
            I had crackers with five-year-old cheddar and a glass of lemonade for lunch. 
            In the afternoon I took a bike ride to Yonge and Bloor. At Yonge and College, I headed west, looking for furniture stores. All I found was Structube and they did have office chairs, with one of them being armless, but it wasn’t in a style that attracted me. Maybe tomorrow I’ll try the Salvation Army store and Value Village. 
            When I got back I went out to the liquor store to buy a six-pack of Creemore. One of the employees was actually working without a mask. 
            I weighed 85 kilos at 18:00. 
            It took me an hour and a half but I finally figured out how to get Windows Movie Maker working. An online site had instructions for running programs as an administrator but most of them were for already installed programs. This needed to be run as administrator before installation. Finally, I learned I could do it from the Task Manager where I clicked on “File” and then “Start new task”, browsing to find the Windows Movie Maker rar file and then clicking the box for running it as an administrator. After I did that I clicked on the “command” file and kept clicking “okay” until it said “success”, then when I opened Movie Maker it allowed me to import my Instructions for Electroshock Therapy video and audio. Tomorrow I’ll import Rosemary’s Baby and edit it for the littler clip that I need to insert so I can re-synchronize the audio and video and then pick up on the project from where I left off before I screwed it up by deleting the source file of the Rosemary’s Baby clip. 
            I worked on my Anti-Gravity’s Rainbow” project. 
            I grilled thirty-two breakfast sausages and had four with a poached egg, a loaf of naan, and a beer while watching two episodes of Astro Boy. 
            In the first story a scientist develops dinosaurs from cells and gives them electronic brains to make them intelligent and good. But most of them turn out mean. They kidnap a little boy named Disco who speaks Hipster jive talk, like, “I’m makin the scene! Ya dig me?” even though this is not supposed to be taking place in 1964 but in the year 2000. They threaten to hurt the boy if massive amounts of food are not delivered to them. 
            Disco’s father uses several trucks to deliver the food but laces it all with TNT to blow the dinosaurs up. But the lead dinosaur demands that Disco’s school teacher test the food first. Astro Boy knocks it from her hand and it explodes. The dinosaurs take Disco to town as a hostage to demand food but Astro Boy saves him and beats the dinosaurs. The scientist reduces the dinosaurs back to cells and puts them in storage. 
            In the second story, a superspy named Hati Mara rendezvous with another spy and a scientist from her country. The spies are there to help the scientist put together and implement his amnesia machine. A conference will soon be held at the Institute of Science and he wants to make the scientists of the free world forget all their knowledge so his country can invade. Hati says this will be her final mission because she wants to live a normal life. Privately the scientist tells the other spy to make sure it is Hati’s “final” mission. Hati and her partner execute several raids on the Institute to steal parts for the amnesia machine. 
            One day on her way to school Astro Girl looks up at the abandoned clock tower and sees a pretty lady standing in the window and a mean-looking man pushing her away. After school, she and her robot friend Loli go to investigate. But they are caught and their energy cells are removed. It’s hard to understand how Astro Girl is always getting captured considering that she is supposed to have the strength of 50,000 horses. 
            Hati and her partner have a lot of high-tech tricks and they temporarily blind Astro Boy the first time he tries to stop them. But on their last job, which is to take one more component from the safe of the Institute, Hati is knocked out by Astro Boy and captured. When she learns that the scientists of the free world don’t plan on using their knowledge to invade her country, she warns Astro Boy about the amnesia machine and tells Astro Boy were to find her fellow spies and Astro Girl. Astro Boy destroys the machine just in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment