Tuesday 5 April 2022

April 5, 1992: Chuck E. Cheese was disappointing, noisy, and one had to pay for almost all of the amusements


Thirty years ago today

             Nancy was supposed to get a ride from her parents on Sunday morning to bring my daughter down to my place, but there was a change of plan. Judy’s daughter Mia was visiting and so Nancy felt obligated to bring Mia and Susan along, but Susan hadn’t gotten up yet. I didn’t like the idea because my daughter would be distracted from me on what was supposed to be our day. The new arrangement was to meet at Chuck E. Cheese, and I got there first. The place was a disappointment. It was too noisy, and one had to pay for almost all of the amusements. When my daughter arrived, I put her in the ball pond, but she sank and cried like I thought she would. She held onto and sucked on a couple of the balls. After she fell asleep, we went to Little Caesar’s. Then after three tries, we found a McDonald’s Playland. She enjoyed crawling around more than the rides but it pissed me off that Susan kept picking her up.

No comments:

Post a Comment