Friday 22 April 2022

April 22, 1992: Diane Pugen told me my collage looked good


Thirty years ago today

            On Wednesday morning I brought my collages “Venus Eclipsed by Saturn” and “Venus Aligns with Mars” with me to work at Central Tech because I wanted to make copies at Kinkos afterward. Since it was a warmish day Cheryl asked me to pose for her class on a bench in the schoolyard. But during the last half hour it chilled down and so we finished the session inside. I took my collages to Kinkos but there was a half-hour wait and so I went to Toby’s. When I came back, I ran into Diane Pugen. She looked great. She told me that my collages looked good, but I didn’t know if she was just being polite. I tried to pick up my film from last year, but they couldn’t find it. I dropped off two more rolls. After I got home, I pinned the collages on my wall and I was on time to watch Star Trek. I couldn’t talk to my daughter that night because Nancy didn’t get home until she was already asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment