Wednesday 27 April 2022

Evil Toys


            On Tuesday morning I finished working out the chords for the chorus of “Le régiment des mal aimés” (The Regiment of Broken Hearts) by Boris Vian and the instrumental before the third verse. I think from this point on there are just repetitions of the same chords and it’s just a matter of placing them. 
            I finished working out the chords for “Dépression au-dessus du Jardin” (Depression Hangs Over the Garden) by Serge Gainsbourg and ran through the song in French. I played and sang the first verse in English but discovered that I need to rework my translation of the second verse. I’ll do that tomorrow and then upload it to Christian’s Translations. 
            I weighed 85.7 kilos before breakfast.   
            At around 11:20 I started doing my taxes. I was able to download all the government tax slips from my Canada Revenue account directly into the return. But I was surprised that there was no refund this time so I kept going back to see if I did something wrong. I know I’ll get the Ontario Trillium refund but I usually get about $200 back on the federal return. I guess it’s not that big a deal. 
            I weighed 85.2 kilos before lunch. 
            In the afternoon I took a bike ride to Yonge and Bloor. I went south to Dundas and then went into Best Buy to check out an armless office chair that was advertised on their website. I found out that they don’t sell any of their furniture in the store. It blows my mind. I rode along Dundas and stopped at a small furniture store past Bathurst but they didn’t have any office chairs. I’ll ride home on College tomorrow and see if there are any furniture places. After that I may need to look into second hand stores like Value Village. 
            I weighed 85.7 kilos at 18:00. 
            I worked on my Anti-Gravity’s Rainbow photo. 
            I grilled pork chops in the oven. I made honey garlic marinade for them but rather than putting it on right away and having the pork chops turn black because of the honey, this time I put the marinade on one side of the chops halfway through. I had two of them with a small potato and gravy while watching two episodes of Astro Boy. 
            In the first story, pirates are looting any spaceships leaving Earth with valuable cargo. Their leader is the pirate Long John Floater the Viking King but he’s not a Viking. He just likes the name because it makes him a king twice. Commander Delta of the Interspace Police Force Patrol Corps summons Astro Boy and teams him up with a little girl officer named Lieutenant Judy. 
            The pirates attack the SS Gorgeous and so Astro Boy and Judy, along with the rest of the patrol, fly to stop them. The pirate ship sends out small ships to meet them. Astro Boy leaves Judy and goes to destroy the pirate ship, causing Floater to retreat. Judy tells Astro Boy that if he hadn’t chased the pirates they might have caught them. 
            They go to the satellite Magna where there is a control station run by George. But George has a secret. He used to work for Long John but then he found an abandoned baby and decided to go straight and become JoJo’s father. Jojo doesn’t know George isn’t his real father. He also doesn’t want JoJo to know about his criminal past and so he lies that he doesn’t know Long John. Astro Boy is suspicious. After they leave, Long John shows up and forces George to do his bidding by threatening JoJo. 
            The control station sends the signals that set the courses for spaceships and so Long John forces George to lure the ships there. Commander Delta tells Astro Boy and Judy that a cargo ship has gone missing near Satellite Magna and so they go to investigate. But the pirates have JoJo tied up and so George has to lie. After Astro Boy and Judy leave Astro Boy tells Judy that his super-hearing picked up the sound of the pirates on Magna so now he wants to go back and surprise them. They find a secret door to the pirate hideout and Judy opens it by saying “Open sesame.” Astro Boy and Judy sword fight the pirates but Astro Boy is caught in an avalanche. By the time he frees himself Judy has been captured and tied up with JoJo. Astro Boy gets caught by pirates while trying to rescue Judy but when George sees JoJo threatened he attacks even though his hands and feet are tied. Astro Boy sends a blast from his boot rockets that burns everybody’s bonds. Astro Boy, Judy, and George fight and beat the pirates.
            In the second story Klaus the toymaker is told by the company that buys his toys that the toys are too nice and that is no longer popular with children. Klaus reluctantly agrees to make nasty toys and gives his last good toy to the store owner. Klaus makes a devil toy and then gives it an electronic brain which causes it to think like a devil. 
            Meanwhile, Astro Boy, Astro Girl, and Dr. Elefun are at a toy fair. But they get separated from Elefun and then Astro Girl begins playing hide and seek. By the time Astro Boy finds her the store has closed and they are stuck inside. Astro Boy hears devilish laughter from a beautiful female mannequin but she doesn’t respond when he investigates. He decides they will spend the night in the store. Astro Girl gives electronic brains to all the toys and they begin to party. Then the fashion mannequins capture Astro Girl and begin their plan of robbing the store. Astro Boy is held at bay by the threat of ray guns, but fires his butt cannons and frees Astro Girl. Then the beautiful lead mannequin shoots and incapacitates Astro Boy. A doctor toy examines him and says he needs a super-powerful electronic brain stronger than the toys have. They plot to trick the beautiful mannequin and then the toy cowboy gets her brain to give to Astro Boy. Then Astro Boy confronts the devil toy that is controlling the mannequins. The devil turns the store furnace into a monster that attacks Astro Boy but Astro Boy beats it and then defeats the devil. Astro Boy returns the good toys to Klaus. 
            I did a search for bedbugs before making my bed and I found a couple of sick-looking ones in a groove in the wall near the foot of my futon.

No comments:

Post a Comment