Wednesday 13 April 2022

April 13, 1992: My daughter was happy to see me and wouldn’t let her mother distract her with food


Thirty years ago today

            Nancy called on Monday at 8:30 and asked if I would take the baby while she and her sister Susan went shopping. I waited at the Reference Library at Yonge and Bloor for an hour before they showed up. My daughter was happy to see me and wouldn’t let Nancy distract her with food. We went straight to my place, and she explored for a long time before falling asleep at 13:30. I slept with her until 15:00 but she continued until 16:30. I had something to eat, cooked some asparagus, and started a new collage. I felt very close to my daughter today. Pat, who used to live upstairs, came by and was very surprised at how big she was. Nancy called at 18:30 to tell me to bring the baby back downtown. I changed her and got her dressed and we were there around 19:30 but they were still shopping and so I had to hang around until 21:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment