Sunday 3 April 2022

April 3, 1992: Wendy poked me in the belly and joked that I needed to lose weight


Thirty years ago today 

            On Friday I got to Sheridan College in Oakville at around 9:30 and Warren handed me a nice-sized cheque for $500 and something. I posed from 11:00 to 14:00 doing gestures and I really worked up a sweat. Mike, the art student/model traded with me for the 14:00 to 17:00 class because it was his class. I modeled for a mostly absent and talentless class for the teacher from England. Wendy Karrie, who I’d met on the train with Donald Carr a week before, poked my belly and jokingly implied that I needed to lose weight. She gave me a ride to Roncesvalles and Dundas. I cashed my cheque and went to the supermarket, then I bought a roti and ate it on the subway. When I got home, I called Nancy so I could talk to my daughter. Nancy wanted me to take the baby on Saturday and said I could see her on Sunday too.

No comments:

Post a Comment