Saturday 16 April 2022

April 16, 1992: My daughter got out of bed by herself and crawled smiling into the living room


Thirty years ago today

            On Thursday I picked my daughter up a little after 9:00. We went on the swings and slides for a while in the park near her mother’s place before catching the bus. I tried to make it downtown to pick up my cheque from the Board of Ed before she fell asleep, but she was out before we got off the subway. She woke up again on the streetcar. We stopped for groceries on the way to our place. She explored for a while at home before falling asleep again. She slept for a couple of hours while I did some work. I was on the living room couch when she woke up, got down from the bed by herself and emerged crawling through the bedroom doorway with a big smile. I didn’t get her back to Nancy until 19:00 or so. I missed Star Trek.

No comments:

Post a Comment