Wednesday 20 April 2022

Super Horse


            On Tuesday morning I started working out the chords for “Le régiment des mal aimés” (The Regiment of Broken Hearts” by Boris Vian. So far they pretty much fit with the chords I found online. 
            I worked out the chords for most of “Digital delay” by Serge Gainsbourg and should have it done tomorrow. 
            The panhandler who begs from the cars turning from Dunn onto Queen or the ones east or westbound when they stop at the light is a very hard worker. He never asks for anything from pedestrians and he has to use pantomime to ask the drivers for money because their windows are usually rolled up. He puts his hands together in the prayer position and then rubs his tummy in a counter clockwise circular motion and mimes his left-hand holding food while the other hand puts the imaginary food into his mouth. It’s not a job that most people could handle.
            I weighed 86.7 kilos before breakfast. 
            I worked on my essay for about an hour. It’s starting to worry me since I have to change my whole approach with the deadline being Thursday at midnight and I won’t have a lot of time to work on it Wednesday. 
            I took a siesta from 11:30 to 13:00. 
            I weighed 86.7 kilos before lunch. I had salsa with yogourt and kettle chips.
            I took an early bike ride at 14:30. It was raining a bit but the drops were tiny. I passed a puddle on the Bloor bike lane and it was riddled with falling raindrops yet I could barely feel any on my face. I rode to Yonge and Bloor and went south on Yonge. I had to pee but bypassed the McDonald’s just south of Wellesley and went to the one just north of College. It’s strange that there are two McDonald’s so close together. There’s also a striking contrast between the two restaurants. The southern one has a very well maintained, clean washroom, with soap, and toilet paper. Also it’s not locked like the other. 
            I weighed 86.5 kilos at 16:00. 
            I worked on my essay for an hour and laid down for another siesta at 17:30. I think I slept a bit in the first fifteen minutes but woke up at about 17:45 and got up at 18:00. 
            I returned to my essay. I worked for an hour and a half and then felt sleepy again. I had to start making dinner in fifteen minutes so I thought I would lie down for that long. I slept for twenty-one minutes but that wasn’t too late. 
            I made gravy from yesterday’s chicken drippings and boiled a potato while steaming a couple of scallions. I heated a chicken leg. While dinner was cooking I worked a bit on my essay. I ate while watching an episode of Astro Boy. 
            The story begins with Dr. Elefun walking along the waterfront when he is knocked into the water by a passing horse. When Elefun pulls himself out of the water he sees some gangsters questioning a little boy about a horse. When the thugs try to beat the boy up Elefun runs to stop them but when he gets there he sees that the boy has beaten the gangsters. The boy, Yatata turns out to be the son of an old friend of Elefun who left Earth years ago for the Planet Popilloli where he became a woodsman. But his father was killed in a logging accident and Yatata came to Earth to study. However Yatata’s horse friend Davalon followed him. 
            Davalon is very smart, he can talk, he can fly, and in addition to the usual four legs that a horse has he also has two human-like arms and hands. The pesky reporter Snoopy Scoop has heard about the horse and tries to investigate but Astro Boy sends him away. He asks the gangster Ugapug to get Astro Boy out of the way but he’ll only do it for money. Then Trickem the circus owner says he’ll pay to get the horse for his show. So first Ugapug captures Yatata and then uses him to lure Davalon and traps him. Astro Boy comes to the rescue. Then Yatata and Davalon decide to go back to Popilloli, but Ugapug sends a fleet of spaceships to get his revenge. Astro Boy has to save the horses on Popilloli but afterwards they decide that now that humans know where they are they will not be safe on Popilloli so the population rockets away to another world that Earth has yet to discover. Yatata returns to Earth with Astro Boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment