Tuesday 19 April 2022

April 19, 1992: I sold $850 worth of flowers, but the driver counted differently and so we argued


Thirty years ago today

            On Easter Sunday my fast was finally over but I had to almost force myself to buy a coffee that morning before going to the flower place. We didn’t go out until after 9:00. This time I ended up at Bathurst and Steeles but a guy from another flower company had taken the spot that I was supposed to have. My driver wanted me to set up right beside him, but I thought that would be rude, so I moved all my buckets across the street. We had old bunches of roses for $5 a dozen, and I had a sign that said so. So, I walked around all day with the sign while holding out two bundles each time to the traffic on whichever of the two streets had the green light. It seemed to work, and I sold $850 worth of flowers. But at the end of the day the driver counted $888 and so we argued.

No comments:

Post a Comment