Thursday 21 April 2022

April 21, 1992: I spent so much time chasing my daughter as she crawled up and down the aisle that I missed The Addams Family


Thirty years ago today

            I got up around 8:30 on Tuesday. I called the phone company and saved my phone line with a promise to pay $60 today and $20 a week until the bill was caught up. Nancy wanted me to come up to her place as soon as I could because she wanted to take our daughter to some kids’ event and then go to a movie. After making an appointment with a lawyer about my eviction dispute and making the phone payment at the bank, I headed up to northeast Scarborough. I got to Nancy’s place at around 13:00 and I was just about to take my daughter out while Nancy got ready when the baby fell asleep, so I went home. When I got there my Sheridan College cheque for about $500 and my income tax return for $900 and something were there. That night I gave Nancy $100. We went to see The Addams Family, but I was so busy chasing my daughter as she crawled up and down the aisle that I didn’t see much of the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment