Tuesday 12 April 2022

April 12, 1992: After half an hour of fun my daughter's dirty diaper soiled the pool and it was closed


Thirty years ago today

            Nancy called at around 8:30 on her birthday on Sunday and asked me to take the baby for a while because she was sick. I said I’d be up there at around 10:30 and went back to bed. But after lying down I decided that I’d better go up and get my daughter earlier before she fell asleep. I called Nancy and she told me that her parents would be dropping the baby off at my place on their way to church. I cleaned up a bit and then my daughter arrived asleep at around 10:45, and they said she’d been sleeping for about an hour. She slept for another hour and a half, then I fed her a bit, and we went to the pool. But she had a dirty diaper that I’d neglected to change and after over half an hour of fun, the lifeguards noticed that the pool was soiled and closed it. We went to the supermarket and when we got home, I called Nancy who said she’d call me later about when to bring the baby back. She went to sleep at 17:00 for another two hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment