Monday 11 April 2022

April 11, 1992: My daughter stood for three seconds while eating a piece of bread


Thirty years ago today

            On Saturday I got up around 8:30 and after taking a big shit I headed up to Nancy’s. It was raining and so I insisted on securing my daughter’s hood with a scarf, but she didn’t like it. She kept struggling until it completely covered her face. We missed the Warden bus and so we waited for the next one in McDonald’s with a hashbrown. Because of the rain I didn’t carry the baby down Victoria Park from Kingston Road. Instead, we went to Main Station and fortunately the bus was right there. She fell asleep before we got off and slept until around 13:30. I couldn’t take her outside and so we just explored and ate together. She stood by herself for about three seconds while eating a piece of bread. Nancy called and asked me to hold on to her for a while longer. When we left the rain was coming down heavy and traffic was slow. We took the long way around, catching the streetcar to Woodbine, and then the bus to the subway. When we got off the Warden bus at Bamburgh, Nancy was there to pick her up.

No comments:

Post a Comment