Monday 18 April 2022

April 18, 1992 - The maniac driver ordered me to put the flowers on the back of the truck and then when he pulled out they flew all over Steeles Avenue


Thirty years ago today 

            On Saturday I woke up a little later than last time and headed down to the flower place. I got chastised by one of the bosses because yesterday’s driver had ratted on me about me splitting up the roses. This time they sent me out to Brampton with this driver who handled and gunned the truck like a maniac, was always barking orders, and rushing the sellers. The spot that I was supposed to have had been taken by someone else who had come by car. As a last resort, I was stuck at Dixie and Steeles in Bramalea. I hustled roses to the people who stopped at the gas bar but in the whole day, I only sold $300. When the driver came at the end, he told me to put all the flowers on the back of the truck, but when he lurched forward to pull out the flowers went flying all over Steeles Avenue.

No comments:

Post a Comment