Wednesday 27 April 2022

April 27, 1992: The lawyer was pretty sure that I wouldn’t be evicted


Thirty years ago today

            On Monday I wasn’t feeling well because of the chicken I’d gotten from Swiss Chalet the night before. I picked up my daughter at around 9:00 and headed downtown to pay the $150 that was due on my Legal Aid payments. Then I went to East End Legal for my appointment with the lawyer to talk about my eviction problem. I was a little early, so I played with the baby while I waited. The lawyer told me to tell the court that the landlord had tried other means of evicting me and that this was obviously another ploy. She thought I would get off okay and that I wouldn’t be evicted. I wasn’t up to taking my daughter back to Scarborough, so I asked Nancy to come and get her, which she did. I didn’t eat and I went to bed early. I felt almost like puking.

No comments:

Post a Comment