Tuesday 10 January 2023

January 10, 1993: I won $10 in the lottery


Thirty years ago today

            On Sunday my daughter and I got up at around 11:00 and she had a pretty good breakfast, even eating some egg. Tom Smarda called and said he'd be coming over to take us over to Nathalie's place so my daughter could have a play date with Yukon. I called the lottery centre to hear the numbers and found that I'd won $10. I danced with my daughter in my arms for a while and then she had some more breakfast. Tom showed up and we had tea while I got my daughter ready to go out in the stormy weather. My daughter and Yukon, but Yukon in particular, were pretty competitive. There was a bit of pushing and shoving over toys, especially Yukon's toy car that one could get inside of. My daughter was more content to play separate from Yukon but they did get together later on. Because Yukon was a few months older than my daughter, Nathalie gave me a whole bunch of clothes that he'd outgrown, plus some cloth and disposable diapers. Tom and Nathalie had an argument before we left. The children kissed when they parted.

No comments:

Post a Comment