Tuesday 3 January 2023

January 3, 1993: My daughter started shoving a cassette tape into the eight track


Thirty years ago today 

            On Sunday morning Nancy called to tell me that her mother was bringing my daughter over. I asked her about the money and she said she'd lend me $55 and no more. I told her I also needed bus fare and we argued about my financial situation. I hung up on her when I heard her yelling at her parents about me needing bus fare. She didn't feel any obligation to me at all after I'd paid for our trip to New Brunswick. She didn't call back until 14:00 to inform me that her mother was on the way. Appolonia brought me two bus tickets. My daughter immediately led me to the stereo and started shoving a cassette tape into the eight track. I was trying to fix the speaker wires but it made her want to fiddle around back of the machine, so I stopped. We swept the floor together, then she ate. She played with the toilet and then got a rag to wipe the water up. She went to sleep at 16:19.

No comments:

Post a Comment