Wednesday 25 January 2023

January 25, 1993: I found a piece of bread in my fridge and had it with some of my daughter's baby food


Thirty years ago today

            On Monday morning at around 11:00 I was awakened from a sweet sleep by a building inspector. He said he'd come to look for cockroaches and so I let him in, but he only found one. After he left I tried and failed to go back to sleep. I was out of coffee so I had toast and water for breakfast. I cleaned up some newspapers and then left for work. I wrote this on the streetcar on my way to George Brown College. I posed there until 18:00 and then walked to The Ontario College of Art to work from 18:30 to 21:30. I walked to Yonge and Queen where I snuck on the streetcar, looking out for inspectors at every stop. I was looking forward to payday on Friday. At home I found a slice of bread, toasted it and had it with some of my daughter's baby food. I watched TV and went through some old Now and Eye magazines.

No comments:

Post a Comment