Saturday 21 January 2023

January 21, 1992: Mike and I each picked topics and challenged the other to make up jokes on them


Thirty Years ago today

            On Thursday I got up at around 11:30. I had coffee and toast and then tidied some papers. I finished a collage, took a shower, cleaned up a bit, and then headed downtown. At 17:30 I called for Mike Copping at John Vince Foods but I was told that he'd punched out at 17:07. I wondered if he was going to come by my place that night. At the Ontario College of Art I worked for Marie Charbonneau on the first session of a two week reclining pose and so it was pretty easy. I bought some tokens and walked to Yonge Street before the Queen streetcar came. I was almost home when I wrote this. Mike was on the couch doing some writing when I got there. He did some drawing and then we walked in the rain to the Mac's Milk where he bought me a pop. We watched TV and then until 3:30 on Friday we played a game of challenging each other to make up jokes on different subjects.

No comments:

Post a Comment