Wednesday 4 January 2023

January 4, 1993: I handed Tom a doll's head and said, "Since you're lending me money I should give you a little head"


Thirty years ago today

            On Sunday night after my daughter woke up I took her up to Bamburgh and Nancy met me at the stop. I didn't have to pay to get back on the bus before it returned to Warden Station. I went to Queen Street and got $10 out of my savings account. I bought cheese, sauce, cream, and a candy bar. I made spaghetti for dinner. On Monday, Tom Smarda returned my call and said he would lend me $20. I worked at Northern Secondary School and since I couldn't afford the newspaper I spent my lunch hour getting caught up on my diary. I called Sheridan College and talked to Warren's answering machine. I checked my bank account but I still hadn't gotten the $20 back that the malfunctioning automated teller took from my account but hadn't given me a week or so before. I wrote this on the eastbound subway train between Broadview and Chester. Tom called just after I got home and invited me over to his place for dinner. I walked over there and found a doll's head on the way. When I got there I gave it to him and said, "I figured that since you're lending me some money I might as well give you a little head."

No comments:

Post a Comment