Saturday 7 January 2023

Lisa Seagram


            On Friday morning I worked out the chords for the second verse of "J'ai pas d'regret" (I've No Regrets" by Boris Vian. 
            I finished memorizing "Entre autre, pas en traître" (I Took You for Other than a Traitor) by Serge Gainsbourg and looked for the chords. It wasn't a big surprise that no one had posted them. I worked out the first few chords of the intro. 
            When I went into the bedroom to put my guitar away there was a bedbug crawling up the middle of the old exit door at the head of my bed. 
            I weighed 84.6 kilos before breakfast, which is the lightest I've been in the morning in a week. 
            I washed the inside of the bathroom door frame. There's just the bathroom side of the frame to do now. 
            I continued fixing my old Christian's Translations blog posts, adding the English titles at the top with the French ones along with my copyright notices, and sometimes adding new videos. By lunchtime I'd made it to August 4, 2020, and I had about fifteen more posts to correct. 
            I weighed 84.5 kilos before lunch. That's the least I've weighed at that time in a week. 
            I started reading Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. It's highly descriptive and certainly a bleak start illustrating the loneliness of the shy young girl by juxtaposing it with descriptions of arctic wastelands.
            In the afternoon I took a bike ride downtown and back. 
            I weighed 84.4 kilos at 17:20, which is the lightest I've been at that time in a week. 
            I was caught up on my journal at 17:57. 
            I finished editing my old Christian's Translations blog posts just before dinner. 
            I finished reading the first chapter of Jane Eyre. Jane seems to be an orphan and the ward of a wealthy family but she is violently abused by the oldest child of the heads of the family. When she speaks against his attacks she is accused of abusing him and confined in "the red room." 
            I had a small potato with gravy and a chicken breast while watching season 3, episodes 23 and 24 of The Beverly Hillbillies. 
            In the first story Granny wants to take the $11,250,000 that is her share of Jed's fortune out of Drysdale's bank so she can stuff it in her mattress. Drysdale still can't make them understand that the bulk of the money doesn't exist in cash but in investments. Jane has the idea to show Granny what $1 million looks like so she will realize that it can't fit into a mattress. Drysdale has it driven to Granny in an armoured car but she takes it and just says for him to bring the rest. She begins stuffing her mattress and it's now enormous and very lumpy. She begins stomping on it to flatten it but it's not doing much good. 
            Meanwhile Mrs. Margaret Drysdale has entered her dog Claude in a dog show but Claude has psychiatric problems and is on tranquilizers. Mr. Drysdale brings Claude to Granny so she can doctor him and take her mind off the money. She doctors Claude back to health and then Elly May tries to train him for the dog show but he's very dumb. She and Jed decide to replace Claude in the dog show with Elly's mutt Arnie and try to make him look like a poodle. Arnie does all kinds of tricks but Margaret faints when she sees him. 
            In the second story Drysdale learns from Mr. Brewster that more oil has been discovered on Jed's property in Tennessee and it will bring in another $10 million. He's coming to Beverly Hills to get the lease papers signed by Jed. At the same time Brewster is coming with his fiancé Edythe and they will be getting married. 
            Meanwhile Granny is homesick again and so the family rebuilds the old cabin that was in the back yard. When Brewster and Edythe arrive they take them to the cabin and they find it charming but the Clampetts think they love it more than they do. The couple get married in Vegas and plan to Honeymoon in a hotel in Beverly Hills but Jed cancels their hotel booking. He picks them up from the airport in the old truck with "just married" plastered over it and tin cans trailing behind and drive them to the cabin. 
            In the middle of the night the Clampetts hold a shivaree outside the cabin, making noise with shouting, gunfire and banging pots. We had a shivaree for my brother and his first bride on their wedding night, and though there were no guns, there were at least fifty neighbours honking horns and banging pots. The Brewsters try to get away but in the dark they fall into the pool. 
            Edythe was played by Lisa Seagram, who worked as a graphic designer and fashion model before studying acting. Her first film appearance was in "Shadows" in 1959. She co-starred in "2000 Years Later". After her Hollywood career she became a realtor and an acting teacher. She opened her own school, production and management company in Los Angeles. She moved to Italy for a while and appeared in several movies there, starring in "Yellow: Le Cugine". She was married to Canadian actor Marc Fiorini. 




            
            I searched for bedbugs and found one crawling on the wall to the left of the lower part of the frame of the old exit door at the head of my bed. 
            I finished reading the second chapter of Jane Eyre. The reason that the ten year old Jane is a ward of this family is because her late uncle took her in after her mother died. But then seven years ago he died and although his wife carried through with her husband's obligations towards her she felt no desire to care for her and even seemed to resent her somewhat.


No comments:

Post a Comment